Re: [gnugo-devel] how to make gtp server engine answer

From: nando
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] how to make gtp server engine answer
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:16:48 +0200

On 9/20/06, Stefan Schulz <address@hidden> wrote:
I have some trouble getting gtp server into a game with a remote client.
The connection works properly, I can call to the gtp server with netgtp,
showboard  displays the board. But the engine started with gtp server
never answers a move. When I send "black D4"

gtp server (in verbose mode) only prompts

black D4
=

By the way, "play black D4" or "play b D4" would be better. "black D4"
is deprecated AFAIK.

but the engine doesn't answer the move. I tried it with gnugo 3.6, and various
3.7 versions. I also added --color white without success.

What am I missing?

You need to tell the engine that you want it to make a move. Probably
"genmove white" is what you want here.

-- nando