[gnugo-devel] Trouble importing "gnugo.h"

From: Biggles Bristol
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Trouble importing "gnugo.h"
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 15:44:09 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to write a (free) gnugo interface for the iPhone as a learning project, but I've hit a wall right from the start.

When I import "gnugo.h", I get a host of warnings and errors (2097 & 2044 respectively).

Browsing through them, there are a few general themes emerging, and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me work out how to move forwards with this?

1) I'm getting a name clash with the word 'shadow' which is defined in both board.h and MacTypes.h

Now, I haven't really used all that much plain c (or obj-c) in the past so I might be missing something here, but is there a way to hide gnugo's internal names so that this sort of thing can't happen?  I don't really want to tinker with gnugo's internals at all and would be perfectly happy to use a limited external interface.

2) Every time a gnugo file includes "patterns.h" I get a warning saying "declaration does not declare anything", and then errors later in the file, often about an unrecognized variable name, eg pattern_attribute -> offset, which is defined in patterns.h

3) fd_set in gmp.c is undefined.  No idea what this is supposed to be.

4) Quite a few "warning: implicit declaration of function X" and "warning: incompatible implicit declaration of in-built function Y"

An example would be 'strcmp' as X, or 'exit' as Y (both in transpat.c)

5) a bunch of errors in sgfnode.c and gg_utils.c which I don't entirely understand.  Some relate to 'VERSION', others talking about 'invalid storage class for function Z' and one seemingly to do with a structure being defined inside a parameter list...

Any help on any of these would be much appreciated.

I'm using gnugo 3.6 and XCode.

Many thanks,

Biggles