[gnugo-devel] GNU Go development state

From: Dominik Rose
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go development state
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:53:35 +0100

Hi everyone,

being interested to join the development of the GNU Go project, I wonder about the current development status. While the number of recents commits to the CVS repository does not look to overwhelming, can you say how many people are currently involved in the development process?

Can you tell me how up-to-date the task list at the developer page is and whether there is an alternate way to start helping which is not mentioned there? Also I'm interested in the middle- and short-term goals of this project (if there are any).

Let me just say few words to my person: I'm 24 and from Germany, finished my Diploma in Computer Science earlier this year and started working as a SW Engineer afterwards. I'm passionated in chess and started to extend my horizon by learning go a couple of month ago.

Regards,

Dominik