Re: [gnugo-devel] GNUgo

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNUgo
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:43:55 -0700

> I am trying to install GNUgo 3.8 but I've been experiencing some problems. I
> followed the directions provided on the website but for some reason the
> download is not working correctly.  First I downloaded Jago from the website
> provided and then I downloaded the actual GNUgo program. However, I'm
> experiencing problems viewing the goboard properly. Attached, I have sent a
> picture of what the board looks like. I was lead to believe that it would
> look differently? I'm not sure what's wrong. I'd really appreciate any help.
> Thank you!

This is the ascii go board that you can use to play
from a terminal if you can't get a graphical
interface working. However Jago should allow
you to have a graphical interface with a nice
Goban. So I think you are doing something wrong.

I think you need to start Jago, then use it to
run GNU Go. (We don't maintain Jago, but this is
the way it should work.)

Daniel Bump