Re: [computer-go] Fwd: [gnugo-devel] (GNU) Open source real time Go serv

From: Matthew Woodcraft
Subject: Re: [computer-go] Fwd: [gnugo-devel] (GNU) Open source real time Go server
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:34:57 +0000

Giudici Raphaël wrote:
> I contacted the FSF to talk about the possible creation of an open
> source real time Go server backed up by the FSF. According to John
> Sullivan, they are interested by such project and advised me to get in
> touch with your team.

Perhaps using the GGZ Gaming Zone (<http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/>)
would be a good way forward.

I've never played there myself, and I'm not sure whether or not it's
currently a lively place. But if it is, then this might be a solution
for both the "running a server is a lot of admin effort" and the "people
want friends to chat with, not just opponents to play" problems.

Their web site implies that there is some Go support already, but that
it needs work.

-M-