[gnugo-devel] Seki weakness?

From: Sandy Harris
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Seki weakness?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:42:11 +0800

Thanks for GNU Go! I'm both learning things and having fun with it.

I'm a fairly weak player. Currently, I'm using the program on 9x9
to improve my tactical skill. As a general rule, it is good enough
to punish my mistakes. Great!

However, in a few games I seem to be punishing its mistakes.
These involve me making invasions which I think should fail,
but I get a seki out of it. This is very profitable for me, costs
the program a huge chunk of territory.

I attach two examples as SGF files.