[gnugo-devel] bug report

From: Liu Zheng
Subject: [gnugo-devel] bug report
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:43:18 +0100

Good morning, Sir

    I am a Wei Qi (Go) player and I love gnugo go.

    I use gnugo 3.8 to practice dead-live problem as attachment file,
gnugo plays as white.
    The command line is: gnugo --mode gtp --capture-all-dead
--chinese-rules --monte-carlo --level 100

    1. The final position is wrong, gnugo should pass and the white
can be a both-live, i suppose it a bug.

    notes:
    2. Though in the docs there are no level 100, if i just set as
level 10, the first round gnugo will resign.
    3. if i don't set monte-carlo option, so the first round gnugo
will play the wrong position.

    Wish it useful for gnugo to become stronger and I hope gnugo can
play absolutely correct at small board.
    BTW, the first of black is not the best choice, I just want to see
if the opponent can't play correct, is it possible gnugo can win. The
best choice for black can kill all white.

    If it is really a bug please inform me, I will be very happy. And
if just add some pattern database, please tell me how to repair it,
Thank you very much!

BR