Re: [gnugo-devel] error in gnugo 3.9.1.23

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] error in gnugo 3.9.1.23
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 00:03:54 +0200

On 10/18/10 19:18, Kőri Gábor wrote:
Hi,

I use gnugo. I was interested in the latest development.

So far it sounds fine but I'm not completely sure I understand what
you were doing in the following steps.

I got the source code,

Would that be the GNU Go 3.8 distribution, the latest sources from the
repository, or something else?

I got the latest patches from http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnugo.git.

How? By downloading the changesets one by one?

I implemented the the patches from 3.9.1.1 to 3.9.1.27, one by one.

Where do these numbers come from? Do they somehow correspond to the
patch names in the commit log messages, such as gunnar_9_1.15 or
martin_9_1.3? Did you apply the patches separately to the original
source or cumulatively on top of each other?

Testing the 3.9.1.23 , after a few play, gnugo crashed. There is
some serious error somewhere in 3.9.1.23 patch. Unfortunately I can
not give any better information about the error.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this. Every recent commit to the
repository has passed the regression tests without crashing and I know
that the latest version from the repository can play complete games
without trouble. Any further information on how to reproduce the crash
would be helpful.

/Gunnar