[gnugo-devel] Bug: Score miscalculation (version 3.8)

From: Tuukka Tikkanen
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Bug: Score miscalculation (version 3.8)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 06:54:14 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I encountered a geme where gnugo miscalculates the score at end of game. The actual score is B+79.5 while gnugo thinks it is W+10.5. In the game white has a big group surrounded with no chance of making a second eye and gnugo does pass, so I do not think it has any ideas to the contrary when considering where to play. Yet the scoring algorithm does seem to have some delusions.

I uploaded a screenshot and sgf of the game at
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~tikkanet/gnugo-bug.png
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~tikkanet/gnugo-bug.sgf

br,

Tuukka