gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Lolix's candidate search feature

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Lolix's candidate search feature
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:56:47 +0200

Victor Engmark wrote:
> > I think GNU Herds can be  "Not just a job site".
>
> Bien sur, as they say over here. Import / export of CVs, l10n and i18n, and
> better query options (other countries / work at home, multiple selection,
> company and salary filtering) should take us that extra Swedish mile in the
> right direction.

I propose develop all the main features, <div> and the new architecture too,
before contacting to RMS again.

I have added two Savannah tasks. As usual, feel free to modify the priority or
any other thing:

  * Import / export of CVs
      Task: https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?6842

  * better query options
      Task: https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?6841

Job filtering and search is a must to any job site.  We had not developed it
yet because we had not job offers. Other tasks were more urgent.

About Person, Company and non-profit search, my rationale is that if you want
to contract somebody you just:

  1.  fill a new job offer.
  2.  The alerts are got by the interested entities.
  3.  If it is a good job offer you get candidates.

You do not begin to query the data base to contact people.

It is fun being listed by a search. But I personally do not like my
qualifications being viewed by random people. We do not want entities looking
freely for others entity's Qualification and copying it, etc.  Now, I think
we must not enable it.  What do you think?

Ref.: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2006-11/msg00000.html

Davi