gnuherds-app-dev

Re: URI design

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: URI design
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:56:43 +0200

MJ Ray wrote:
> >     ?pag=1
> >     ?pag=2
> >     ?pag=N
>
> Can we use PATH_INFO (so /1 /2 ... /N on the end of the file name)
> instead of the query string, either directly or by RewriteRule?

Yes we can.  We are already using rewrite rules to show to the user the
attached URI scheme.  To modify it we have just to modify the rules:

  https://gnuherds.org/doc/conf/apache_virtual_domain.conf

It seems the PATH_INFO design is more clean!.  Are there any other reason
because you prefer PATH_INFO?.  I am not sure what we must do.

   /resume?pag=1
   /resume/pag/1

   /offers?action=edit&id=12&pag=N
   /offers/action/edit/id/12/pag/N

Fist, I am going to contribute my time to the JavaScript removing task.

P.S.: The internet provider of the dower house has keep me, this weekend, out
of line :P  Sorry for the delay on the reply.

Davi