gnuherds-app-dev

Re: AGPLv1 --> AGPL2 --> GNU AGPLv3

From: Marcel Ribeiro Dantas
Subject: Re: AGPLv1 --> AGPL2 --> GNU AGPLv3
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:24:16 -0300

Davi Leal wrote:
The licenses allow you to apply the below license upgrade path even without you being the copyright holder, due to the "or (at your option) any later version" text is present at each licensed file:

  AGPLv1   -->   AGPL2   -->   GNU AGPLv3

AGPLv1,     http://www.affero.org/oagpl.html
AGPL2,      http://www.affero.org/agpl2.html
GNU AGPLv3, http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/agpl-3.0.html

Any change that is not allowed by the "license upgrade path" must be explicitly agreed by _all_ copyright holders.

I will describe the "license upgrade path" which we follow at the commit description text of each file, so moving directly from AGPLv1 to GNU AGPLv3 and just exposing we have used AGPL2 as the upgrade bridge.

Please, let me know if I am mistaken,
Davi

it's a good thing to do, moreover even though Affero wish to protect the freedom of the users, i prefer to entrust at FSF, which always have tempted to do a better license with its wonderful crew. So, i prefer use AGPL2 like a bridge to get a true GNU license; GNU AGPLv3.

Sincerely,

--
Marcel Ribeiro Dantas,

address@hidden && address@hidden