gnuherds-app-dev

Re: FSF releases the "GNU AGPL v3" license

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: FSF releases the "GNU AGPL v3" license
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:18:02 +0000

On 26/11/2007, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> One that requires the output of the software to include a prominent
> offer of its corresponding source code, including any methods,
> authorisation keys and other information.  That's quite a big
> increase on being required to acknowledge the holders and terms.

After talking with somone from the FSF they told me that you only need
to do such things if you have changed the source code.

For example, if I install and run Wordpress (assuming it was licenced
under the AGPL) then I only need to provide the source and
instructions if I alter it.

--
Noah Slater <http://www.bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman