gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Membership request for group GNU Herds - Free Software Association

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Membership request for group GNU Herds - Free Software Association
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:44:01 +0200

Mohtashim Shaikh wrote:
> Mohtashim Shaikh requested membership to the group
> GNU Herds - Free Software Association
> at Savannah

Of course, accepted!

> Message from user:
> ------------------
>
> Hi,
>
> I am having over an year of experience in PHP, Javascript and MySQl.
>
> If there is anything that I can do it for you please let me know.

We communicate via this email list. You should subscribe at:

However, for thing as helping you install the development environment, etc. we
advise to use a more interactive way to communicate, for example, using chat:
Gmail, Yahoo, MSN etc.

Ask for anything you need.

As usual, critics, flames, etc. are welcome and needed!

> You are doing a great job. keep it up.
>
> Thank you
> Mohtashim shaikh

Project state

  The project is not in a hurry.

First contact with the project
==============================

  You could take a look at the GNU Herds architecture at:
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=180

  You could download the current source code to take a quick look.
  To get the code execute the below command on a GNU/Linux system:
    git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnuherds-app.git

How to install the development environment for GNU Herds

  Follow the steps exposed at the below link to install the development
  environment on a Debian 'etch' GNU/Linux system. Debian 'etch' is
  required due to some specific PHP libraries.

    http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=155

  If you do not use Debian 'etch', you can install Debian 'etch' on a
  virtual machine.

Some small tasks to choose from (proposal):
===============================

 * Add a check to avoid:
   a job-offer can be viewed as a look-for-volunteer or donation-pledge-group.
   a donation-pledge-group can be viewed as a job-offer or look-for-volunteer.
   a look-for-volunteer can be viewed as a job-offer or donation-pledge-group.

     http://g-10.org/offers?id=98
     http://g-10.org/pledges?id=98
     http://g-10.org/volunteers?id=98

   This patch would be an 'if' (3 lines) for each check.

 * Add the view-counts feature for job-offers.  This feature was requested
   by MJ Ray.

   This patch would be 50 or 90 lines of code.

The project is not in a hurry.
--
www.gnuherds.org -- The democratic FS job site