Re: [Gnumed-devel] weighting of word wheel items

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] weighting of word wheel items
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 12:52:05 +0200

>> how are you handling the weighting of items in the word wheel?
>> I mean, just incrementing a counter doesn't work indefinitely.
> The standard algorithm in "streaming weighing" is to reset all counters to
> their percentage value when the first counter starts rolling over

Do you have a handy pointer where I can inform myself because
how does one handle the exploding-gap syndrome ? In other
words how do I make sure that stubborn old entries that had
been in extensive use don't override my current favourites for
years to come just because they have sky-high counters ? Apart
from manipulating the values directly.