Re: [Gnumed-devel] QT Version of Patient Data Input

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] QT Version of Patient Data Input
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 17:02:59 +1000

On Sat, 11 May 2002 14:16, richard terry wrote:
> Hey QT is actually really good. How come we are not doing the entire UI
> in this instead of wxPython which really sucks!

1.) QT is only free on Linux.
2.) QT does not use "native widgets" on each platform
3.) The QT Python interface is not as established as wxPython yet
4.) AFAIK, the Mac version is still in the clouds
5.) The QT sizers don't work quiet as well as in wx

That said, the database bindings in QT > 3.0 are a beauty, and QT designer
is a phantastic product.
Once the python version of gnumed is running nicely, I might just write a
Linux only version in C++ using QT

Horst