Re: [Gnumed-devel] Contacts Toolbar and other things

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Contacts Toolbar and other things
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 10:36:30 +1000

On Saturday 20 July 2002 8:29 pm, you wrote:
> > I've started some minor redesign of the Mims Annual GUI and will post
> > that later including its toolbar for the top bar.
>
> Good. I'd suggest a renaming to something like
> gmMimsAnnualBrowser.py as well.

good idea, will rename as such when I repost (early next week, I'll try and
do tonight

> > Also Mary Hemming from Therapeutic Guidelines is going to donate a
> > segment of the  Antibiotic Guidlines to us so we can post it on our CVS
> > without fear of copyright problems .I talked to Ken Harvy and then her
> > during the week re this and she was quite enthusiastic.
>
> Excellent. gmAUTherapeuticGuidelinesBrowser.py around the
> corner ?-)

Already exists (courtesy of Ian), just needs uploading once we have official
confirmation of the free section of data that will give us.

> > Included is dump of the contacts toolbar (minus patient picture
>
> The icons look a lot cleaner now for some reason ?

Clearer icons:Yes. These ones I had in my original windows version of
contacts. They contain less colours and are better defined. The ones I'll
temporarily put on the manual.py toolbar, I think I will redo and replace
with similar crisper ones to keep the overall feel in line. It takes hours
and hours mucking around with icons! even when one nicks them from places, as
one often has to add a pixel here and there or shrink and fix from a large
size.

> Ah ! Maybe the picture _itself_ can be a button to give access
> to a patient context menu on right-click (stored documents
> and pictures, linking relatives, quick contact mechanisms such
> as send email, genealogical tree, ...) ? Just a silly,
> nefarious thought.

Not so silly. My plan is to have right mouse click menus's on just about
every gui object on the screen. That is what I did in my program. e.g right
mouse clicking on the social history gave options to change the font just for
this wigit etc (see the file attatchement).