Re: [Gnumed-devel] Icons in relevant files

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Icons in relevant files
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:01:53 +0200

> Would you like me to go through and put all the relevant bitmaps into the
> files they are used? I've already done this to gmLock.py which is in the cvs.
I noticed this. If no one objects I would think this would be
absolutely wonderful. Later on we might be able to gain a little
performance by moving all the imports that are necessary for
the bitmaps into one file which in turn is imported by all the
plugins. This way, upon loading a plugin python only needs to
realize that that particular one module (our wrapper) is
already loaded instead of several of them (pickle, zlib, ...).

Another advantage would be that icon code moves with the
plugin and that only those icons are loaded (and consume
resources whose plugins are loaded, too).

Regards,