[Gnumed-devel] Hello

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Hello
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:08:03 +0200

Hi,

my name is Hilmar Berger. I'm a medical doctor, based in Leipzig, Germany. I'm have been watching the development of gnumed and other medical software for some time and, knowing Karsten for a long time and feeling an increasing urge to do some serious coding I couldn't resist any longer to join gnumed. I have been programming in C, C++, Perl, Java in some smaller and mostly personal projects, first on DOS and since 1994 on Linux, too. I'm a newbie to python, but from what i have seen it isn't very different from other languages I used and I hope to adopt it rather quickly. Karsten asked me to implement a frontend for the german pharmacological database AMIS, so that's what I will try to do. I furthermore would like to support Gerardo with some of the more development-specific portions of the documentation (Gerardo, I will contact you soon).

Thanks to all those people who spent so much time creating gnumed.

Regards,
Hilmar Berger