[Gnumed-devel] Re: OIO

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: OIO
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 16:43:37 +0200

> In quick summary what is OIO?
Open Infrastructure for Outcomes. A web-based generic form
editor/handler based on Zope/Python/DTML.

Emulating the Edit Area will be extremely hard.
Emulating the Phrase Wheel will be extremely hard.
(Java does not count, JavaScript will only be acceptable for a
small number of things.)

Integrating access to smart card readers cleanly will be
extremely hard.

I have discussed this with Andrew before.

> Does that mean if he succeeds in the emulation we at gnumed are going to
> loose
> your coding talents? Enough to send shudders down my spine.
Nope. I'd be extremely surprised to see this succeed. We'll be
save :-))   (Not that I have anything against Andrew or OIO
but I don't think it is suited for our task/environment).