Re: [Gnumed-devel] OIO

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] OIO
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 14:21:23 +1000

richard terry wrote:
In quick summary what is OIO?

Does that mean if he succeeds in the emulation we at gnumed are going to loose your coding talents? Enough to send shudders down my spine.

No worries. OIO is a template driven form frontend for a simple ZOPE based database backend. It allows to collect data via forms which are particularly easy to design and share (which is great), but it cannot offer any of the backend functionality we need in private medical practice.

Andrew, who wrote it, works in academic psychiatry and has therefore entirely different needs than we have. While OIO is a great tool for ad-hoc clinical study related data loggers, it is - just that.

Horst