Re: [Gnumed-devel] client, server, centralized, or distributed

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] client, server, centralized, or distributed
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:06:22 +1000

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:17 pm, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Clients don't communicate directly. This is another matter
> entirely. GnuMed is not trying to become Gnutella at the
> moment.

If they must, they still can. Have a look at the messenging documentation - I
have reserved a popup_notify and popup_alert signal, that can be triggered by
any client and will be received by all other clients or just specific
receivers.

To make it useful for messenging (in the sense of jabber or email) all you
need to do is create a "bulletin board" or "message stack" table which is
queried upon receiving a signal "popup_"

Horst