Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmBackendListener vs. gmDispatcher

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmBackendListener vs. gmDispatcher
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:03:00 +1000

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:41 pm, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> b) Indeed there's not payload to NOTIFY. However, the name of
>    the signal is arbitrary. We may thus use convention to pass
>    around the appropriate patient ID: patient_change_XXXXX
>    where XXXXX is the ID in question. Listeners must listen
>    to patient_changed_(ID of current patient) then.

This is sort of a solution - for many cases at least, but not for all. I even
already tried it last night. However, the backend should notify on both
events - only that most listeneres would ignore what they are not concerned
about.

We still need to implement the "unlisten" then, to unregister interest for
example in the ex-current-patient.

Horst

Horst