Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs changes

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs changes
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:09:01 +1100

Ian Haywood wrote:
I would like to propose some small changes to gmdrugs:

- link_drug_indication links to drug_dosage. This is so different indications
can be ascribed to different dosages and
 routes of a drug. I do not agree that other attributes (side-effects,
interactions, etc.) should be dose-route
 specific.

Actually I don't think this is such a good idea, since the vast majority of indications will not be dosage specific. It is the rare exception that a drug dosage is indication specific.

I'd rather recommend having an auxillary table with indication specific dosages

- A new table (disease_code) to hold the ICD-10 and other coding systems.
link_disease_interaction and
 link_dosage_indication have reference clauses to the code field on this table.

- a new formulation type: "kit" for heterogenous kits like Losec HP7 and
Trifeme. This seems the best solution without complicating the structure for just a
handful of products. The constituents are specified as a compound (even though
 they are physically separate tablets). The packing unit is 'days' of the
course, so 7 for Losec HP7, 28 for the Pill, etc.

good

- package_size is normalised out.

good

Horst