Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs changes

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs changes
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:02:28 +1100

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:09:01 +1100
Horst Herb <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ian Haywood wrote:
> > I would like to propose some small changes to gmdrugs:
> >
> > - link_drug_indication links to drug_dosage. This is so different
> > indications can be ascribed to different dosages and
> >  routes of a drug. I do not agree that other attributes (side-effects,
> > interactions, etc.) should be dose-route
> >  specific.
>
> Actually I don't think this is such a good idea, since the vast majority
> of indications will not be dosage specific. It is the rare exception
> that a drug dosage is indication specific.
>
> I'd rather recommend having an auxillary table with indication specific
> dosages
Fair enough, two tables: link_drug_indication and link_dosage_indication.
link_drug_indication can, of course, also link to a class, so we can save a bit
of time linking "antihypertensives" to "Hypertension" etc.

Ian

------
Public key E750652E wwwkeys.pgp.net
Fingerprint 9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE OC42 C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E