[Gnumed-devel] Translation of 'Kur' / 'Reha'

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Translation of 'Kur' / 'Reha'
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:01:17 -0500 (EST)

My favorite web dictionaries ( http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
and http://europa.eu.int/eurodicautom/Controller) also say 'cure'
but I agree with Karsten it isn't right.

My brother's favourite web dictionary ( http://dict.leo.org/ )
gives 'regimen.'  I think that is closer... but it sounds
strange to my ears (maybe something they'd say in the UK?).

The word "Kur" itself is "spa" or "health resort"... this is what
my dictionary (PONS Grosswoerterbuch fuer Experten und Universitaet)
says.

I would translate it as 'Kur' as "Rehabilitation" or
"Health Resort Stay."  Of the two I'm more partial to the
second.

Michael