Re: [Gnumed-devel] pregnancy calc - few little tweaks

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] pregnancy calc - few little tweaks
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 00:22:08 +1100

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:41, Michael Bonert wrote:
> coding I'm particularly proud of.  The problem I had is I
> didn't manage to figure-out how to grab an object --once
> it has been added to a wxBoxSizer object-- so I can then
> modify it.

Objects should be written as members of the class representing the panel or
the dialog box.

if you have for example:

class mypanel:
        def __init__(self):
                self.button1 = wxButton (...)
                button2 = wxButton(...)

you will always be able to access button1:
panel = mypanel()
panel.button1.SetLabel(...)
but never button 2. Watch that "self"!

Horst