Re: [Gnumed-devel] first clinical part - social history

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] first clinical part - social history
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:04:15 +0100

> How are you going to do it (raw SQL, Syan's triggers, gmPersonCache,
> etc?) Presumably we *have* settled on a database API ;-)
Well, settled in the sense of "for now" and "what works is".

We'll put raw SQL inside "business objects" the buds of which
already appeared in client/business/ (and are being used in
GnuMed/Archive). This is much akin to Horst's latest decree :-)

> What changes are going to be made to gmclinical.sql (if any)?
Initially social history will probably just be stored in a
sequence of text fields, timestamped and audited. This is to
learn the tricks of the trade of auditing etc. Later on
granularity may increase as needed and appropriate but I'd
like to get the basics right. Richard will work on the
GUI/work-flow side of things. Other people are welcome to chip
in. I have not forgotten the comments by Liz and others many
moons ago.

More-than-minor changes and particularly those with impact on
other parts of the system will, of course, be announced,
discussed and explained, as usually.

This will take time, as we have learnt from bootstrap* and
i18n work, so people please stay patient and active.