[Gnumed-devel] patient search widget revisited

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] patient search widget revisited
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 02:37:10 +0100

OK, folks, this is needed so I started on it.

a) various implementations existed already notably by Ian and
   Horst upon which I drew code, inspiration, test samples and
   use cases

b) it is based on my earlier experiments published here

c) it does NOT use the phrase wheel

Please test it !

Go to test_area/khilbert/patient_search. The relevant widget
is in gmPatientSelector. Notes:

- It does run standalone but, yes, even then does it need a
  database to run against as it uses the GnuMed infrastructure
  both codewise and database-wise.
- Ian currently gets the honor of being the default patient
  courtesy of his holding patient ID 1.
- You need to create two links there named "business" (pointing
  to client/business/) and "modules" (pointing to
  client/python-common/).
- Docs are within the file.
- It does not handle selection from a list of matching
  patients yet.
- It handles most (simple) search fragments that I throw
  at it.
- It provides infrastructure for plugging in country-specific
  query generators based on the system locale.
- Upon losing focus it discards typed search fragments and
  reverts to the currently active patient. A search fragment
  history is desirable.
- It prints queries to the console.
- Level 1 queries are executed first. If no results come up,
  level 2 queries are sent off. If still no results, level 3
  queries are tried. This last step should be subject to user
  intervention (or threaded).

Please play and complain ! Or fix.