Re: [Gnumed-devel] gui and functionality - a few random thoughts

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gui and functionality - a few random thoughts
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 01:53:00 +0200

> As I'm playing with the interface again it stuck me we almost need a
> home/forward/back buttons
> in the top left of the bottom tool bar
say, where ?  :-)

> which remain
> static across all windows.

>  That way navigation can be like in a browser. If one does have to swap to
> say
> the drug window when deep in the bowels of a clinical module it will take on
> one click to jump back (or perhaps link as well to the escape key which would
> take you back in a stepwise fashion).
>
> Otherwise going from say the ante-natal chart to drugs and the back could
> take
> 3-4 clicks to resume what you were doing.

Hm, I had hoped to be able to click once one the drugs tab, do
my thing, and click on the "clinical" tab again to be right
back where I was - "deep in the bowels of a clinical module".
Switching to another notebook plugin should really not
interfere with what's displayed in any of the others ...

I assume what you mean is something like a "module use
history". Depending on the granularity this can be fairly
easy. If all you want is being able to hit "back" and go back
to the most recently used notebook plugin - no problem, just a
few lines of code (hint: event on_notebook_page_changed).