Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 5, Issue 16

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 5, Issue 16
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 11:09:55 +0200

> Now I just have to figure out why the name change stops the the other
> plugins being in the gb['widgets'] list ...
Because there's a plethora of dynamic and hard-coded
references to ['*.patient'] and ['patient.*'] all over the
place.

> What was the reason for the name change in the first place?
The logical extension of Richards request. Duefully reported
here on the list. Also referring to the necessary internal
changes that had to be done.

> Can't the names just stay the same, and work just be kept with adding
> functionality?
Yes they can but that will make it more and more confusing as
more and more names not only don't reflect what they stand for
but suggest standing for something else. We have neither
release yet nor are in a freeze so such changes are
permissible IMHO.