[Gnumed-devel] Re: family history edit area

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: family history edit area
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:34:48 +1000

The comment line relates to the disease the family person had which is
sometimes useful

eg if your father had a myocardial infarction and smoked as a contributary
factor then this would go in the comment line and could sway ones decisions
if say dealing with a non smoking patient who may possibly be less likely to
get his Ihd at the same age etc.

Progress notes I added to all the edit areas, probably more useful in some
than others. I didn't use this feature in all the edit areas in my original
program but in theory it is useful, eg under the script edit area when having
prescribed a new medication one can add the note eg. Told to return in 1 week
for review of BP, when prescribed a new medication say. Good for medicolegal
oriented comments as well.  I can think of say in FH of bowel cancer in
parent, one could add 'significance of this explained - understands must have
colonoscopies etc etc.

If one collects progress notes across all areas of the program as one goes and
does tasks, there is very little specific stuff to put in elsewhere often,
unless one is dealing with a complex problem.

Cause of death as checkbox ?

Well perhaps. A difficult one I guess, we don't always know, should be have
yes, no, uncertain???

Regards