Re: [Gnumed-devel] 5 fulltime pre-graduating software engineering studen

From: John Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 5 fulltime pre-graduating software engineering students
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:27:57 +1000

On 25 Jul 2003 at 9:47, s j tan wrote:
> Legend has it that one of these guys can implement a workable IPSEC in
> half a semester. One of these guys could implement a clinical app to
> the level of say a recent released Delphi app n 3 weeks if pushed with
> a no marks deadline .7.5 man-years , sounds like they're taking it
> easy on with their project requirements ( probably no industry around,
> so they're going open source).

RMIT students do not own the intellectual property of their projects -
the Uni does.  So, it is better for them to choose an open source
project, rather than develop commercial projects/ideas whilst they
are at Uni for the Uni's financial benefit.

I don't know the policies of other educational institutions.

John Mac