[Gnumed-devel] wxPython 2.4.1.2, Man-in-the-middle(?)

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] wxPython 2.4.1.2, Man-in-the-middle(?)
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 02:16:08 -0400 (EDT)

wxPython 2.4.1.2 is out and has been out for a while (June).  It has a
bunch of new features.  Most interesting IMHO is the mega grid.  It looks
like it could be used to construct a nice appointment scheduler.

Wondering... is everyone seeing something like the following?
----
address@hidden gnumed]$ update_tree.sh
cleaning out debris
updating python client source from CVS
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle
attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA1 host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA1 key sent by the remote host is
bb:04:5c:4b:0f:c5:c0:7c:5d:cf:d7:c2:bf:59:1a:dc.
Add correct host key in /home/michael/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this
message.
Offending key in /home/michael/.ssh/known_hosts:5
Password authentication is disabled to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
X11 forwarding is disabled to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
Enter passphrase for RSA key '/home/michael/.ssh/identity':
----

I'm hoping the thing goes away... as I don't feel so comfortable about
updating the sources with that going on.

I installed Debian "Sid" over the (past) week-end.  It is pretty sweet and
I am beginning to understand why a number of the people here use it and
love it. :)

Michael