[Gnumed-devel] Reaching a final decision on GUI Tool

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Reaching a final decision on GUI Tool
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:12:43 +1000

Anxious to push this project on lets make a final decision.

From the thread of the debate from those who really investigate and understand
(and BTW I exclude myself from this cohort):

 wxPython  GUI seems to remain the tool or choice for at least the foreseable
future.

I can live with that, though it is a bit clunky and tedious.

1) Can we have a final vote on this tool.

2) Can we have a final vote on using the interface I've designed yes or no.

If Yes, then I'd suggest everyone drop other interfaces and all pull together
to sort this one out under my guidence re the design. Someone has to have the
final say on what goes into the interface - hence functionality without
eveyone changing things all the time. Being the resident gui/functionality
expert I'm happy to do this.

If we can agree on this. I will start doing the functional specifications for
the gui elements and what will go into version 1 so we can progress from
there.

Otherwise we will still be stuffing around in 12 months time despite all the
good work done on the backend by those who can actually code, and still not
have a product.

BTW are there any dedicated programs/methods/formats when specifying gui
elements and functionality.

Hope I havn't started too vigorous a debate or a flame war, but lets get this
going guys!

Richard