Re: [Gnumed-devel] Reaching a final decision on GUI Tool

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Reaching a final decision on GUI Tool
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:45:04 +0200

> 1) Can we have a final vote on this tool.
My vote: wxPython: yes

> 2) Can we have a final vote on using the interface I've designed yes or no.
My vote: your GUI: yes

However, for proto-prototyping things such as "David's Simple
SOAP" should be allowed -- and then moved into your design once
working.

> If Yes, then I'd suggest everyone drop other interfaces and all pull together
> to sort this one out under my guidence re the design. Someone has to have the
> final say on what goes into the interface - hence functionality without
> eveyone changing things all the time. Being the resident gui/functionality
> expert I'm happy to do this.
I am happy to see you guiding this. Just don't expect any huge
instantenous, consistent surge in activity. People are people
are people.

> If we can agree on this. I will start doing the functional specifications for
> the gui elements and what will go into version 1 so we can progress from
> there.
Please do.