Re: [Gnumed-devel] audit behaviour

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] audit behaviour
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 02:38:09 +0200

> Can someone walkthrough how the auditing behaviour is supposed to work?
1) Chapter 5.6 in the Dev Guide

> I'm not sure if there are parallel log tables which have the same fields
> as audited tables, only they have extra fields,
Yes. They are named log_*. They are now auto-created by
gmAuditGenerator.py during bootstrapping if they do not exist.
Manual log_* tables may contain less columns than their
corresponding standard tables. In that case the missing
columns aren't audited.

> and if the extra fields are supposed to create some sort of linked list,
> or something else.
Yes, a list, but, no, not linked. ORDER BY row_version will
achieve "linking". Same for ORDER BY committed_when.

Audit functions/triggers are also auto-created during
bootstrapping. Audit schema generation can be switched off in
the boostrap*.conf files.