[Gnumed-devel] permissions

From: syan tan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] permissions
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 03:13:07 +1000

Why is there parallel groups of  xxxx and _xxxx users?

At home, I've moved the grant statements into one script : one advantage is

dynamic granting ( instead of hardcoding the group names which have autocomplete invalid hypens in them)
of groups e.g. use a group table.

This allows the groups listed in the conf files to be changed, (they really aren't configuration items at the moment,
because you can't change them)

but somewhere in the conf file or via prompting,
a statement such as :
clinicalgroups = gmdoctors
publicgroups=gmpublic

which can be changed within the conf file.

I haven't done it, because I'm not sure if  there are any strong objections.

So I've got a gmPermissions.sql file ready do go.
(No code changes, just moved all the grants into one script).