Re: [Gnumed-devel] permissions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] permissions
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:16:09 +0200

> At home, I've moved the grant statements into one script : one advantage is
> dynamic granting ( instead of hardcoding the group names which have
> autocomplete invalid hypens in them)
> of groups e.g. use a group table.
I'd be in favour of a more flexible/convenient method for
dynamic granting.

> This allows the groups listed in the conf files to be changed,  (they
> really aren't configuration items at the moment,
> because you can't change them)
You can but it takes quite a bit of effort (as it should).

> So I've got a gmPermissions.sql file ready do go.
> (No code changes, just moved all the grants into one script).
You'd need to split that up by service boundaries, at least.
For that reason I tended to keep the grants with the tables.
However, I'd not object to gmDemographics-Grants.sql for
example.