Re: [Gnumed-devel] re gmEditAreaFacade

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re gmEditAreaFacade
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:08:01 +1100

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:52:26 +1100
syan tan <address@hidden> wrote:

> some fields were difficult to map , so I had referencing tables to
I assume you mean, mapping of GUI fields to backend SQL fields.

> corresponding clin_root_items ; e.g. clin_history
> doesn't have separate fields for the laterality , significant, active
> attributes on gmPastHistoryEditArea, whilst
> the allergy table was sufficient. I could move any piggy-backing tables
> (e.g. clin_history_editarea) into  a sql script, (e.g.
> gmclinical_editarea_extra.sql ) ; any suggestions?

We need proper tables to represent this clinical data in gmclinical.sql,
for all of the GUI richard has defined, this is a very big job, however, we can
have a very interesting
client with what we have plus prescriptions and referrals. The other problem
is, remember backend SQL
and frontend were written separately. For example, the backend has medical
history has the centrepiece
of the structure (clin_root_item etc.) whereas in the GUI it is basically an
afterthought, because Richard (like most
Australian GPs) still uses paper records for this.

I think we should concentrate in getting demographics,  past history and
allergies working
(for which backend SQL is largely complete), that alone would be a massive
achievement given
our development history!

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E