Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Wishlist - Gnucash

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Wishlist - Gnucash
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:37:32 +1100

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:48 am, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Along the same lines of an interface with Gnucash. Billing in the USA
> > takes up a chunk of a practice's resources. How will a generic solution
> > satisfy all? Do basic accounting functions belong in the Gnumed suite
> > since they
>
> No.
>
> > are very well done in Gnucash? Perhaps we can provide a higher level
>
> Yes. But note, GnuCash does *accounting*, not medical
> *billing*. Maybe I am splitting hairs but billing goes beyond
> generic accounting.
>
> > interface... as Syan suggests. Maybe we can even take on billing.
>
> No. FreeB will take care of that.
>
> > b.  Accounting. For the main purpose of saving money. That is how us
> > Americans think.
>
> GnuMed is little American so far (FreeB is, though :-)
>
> Karsten
Gnucash at present is not suited for medical billing; it doesn't deal with
hundreds of customers who are grouped into families for payment; Horst had
suggestions about alternate open source programs, none of which I have looked
into yet.
Liz
--
Don't get suckered in by the comments -- they can be terribly misleading.
Debug only code.