Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmEditArea broken

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmEditArea broken
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:22:52 +1100

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:16, Ian Haywood wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:53:13 +0100
>
> Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Weak developers like myself need examples. Let us at least implement one
> > GUI plugin the way it should be done. I volunteer do adapt all other
> > plugins to the concepts once I know them.
>
> Amen to that!
>
> It's no exaggeration that we have been waiting for over 12 months for a
> consensus to emerge around this.  However, we have set ourselves a very
> high standard (context-sensitive phrasewheels, etc. etc.) so it's worth
> some effort to "get it right."
>
> > I will write a document 'How to code a plugin for GNUmed'. It will be
> > very poor from an experienced programmer's perspective but maybe you get
> > the drift and it can show you just what the problems for new developers
> > are.
>
> A very good idea.
>
> Ian
Write the document, because then it can be argued over, edited and remain in
the system.
I havenĀ“t time at present to do any such thing but someone to write the
decisions of the list into howto documents is really going to help us move
forward again.
Liz
--
We fight only when there is no other choice.  We prefer the ways of
peaceful contact.