Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: address@hidden: Immunisation edit area question]

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: address@hidden: Immunisation edit area question]
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:38:32 +0100

> > > How are we to handle this ? Do we just assume that whenever we
> > > enter a new vaccination we mean the one that comes next
>
> This is just what I did, with a popup reminder message a la png attatched.
> I've found this works simply and well, one can tell what the overall vaccine
> status is from the lists, and the system can analyse what is missing from the
> database.
>
> However there are other solutions, depending on what the group wants. For
> example the editing area could contain an extra line for the sequence number
> in a primary vaccine + a check box if it was a booster.

I'd say let's combine the approaches: add a seq no line and a
booster check box so the user can explicitely say what she
wants to record AND make the system use it's internal
knowledge:

1) init the fields with values meaningful for the data already
   in the database
2) warn on seemingly duplicate vaccinations
3) ask if "missing" (ie not recorded) vaccinations should be
   approximated and recorded upon recording an entered
   vaccination

> There is of course a much more difficult problem, that of recording which
> vaccines have already taken place, but that you didn't personally give.
Which could be handled via 3) above. A note on the generated
nature of the data is placed in the clinical comment associated
with the vaccination. I don't mind provided the comment clearly says
that the date is generated. We aren't up to the level of
OpenEHR yet :-)