Re: [Gnumed-devel] Subversion experiment

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Subversion experiment
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:27:24 +0100 (MET)

> The reasons I think we should move to SVN permare:
>       - more secure
>       - easier to adminster
>       - easier approach to branching/tagging. Lack of use of this feature
> (which does exist in CVS, but I don't pretend to understand it)
> has led to recent problems with the gnumed source tree
>       - transactions across files (again, useful if stuff is "unwisely"
> committed.)

The reason I don't think that we should move to subversion right now:
- current version is 0.34, which is not even considered beta quality
- maintaining a subversion server will bind resources that we might need for
other tasks

Which does not mean that we should't move to subversion sometime in the
future.

Hilmar