Re: [Gnumed-devel] Installation

From: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Installation
Date: 08 Jan 2004 21:55:12 -0600

Greetings!

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 14:19, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > I checked out gnumed from cvs today and now have a directory called
> > gnumed/ with all sorts of files and directories in it.
> >
> > Where can I find some information on how to install it?
>
> cd gnumed/
> less README

Thanks, but is there an installation guide?  README is a start, but it
does not even tell me where to start to look for installation
instructions.  Possibly I am missing something obvious?

> > I am running RHL 9 but have also access to SUSE 9.0 or Fedora 1.
> I like to work on SuSE.

I like SUSE also. I have installed SUSE 9 and really like it.  However,
I have been reading on the list several messages that mention Debian.  I
have never installed it but would not mind learing if that makes the
Gnumed installation easier.  I have a Win98 partion that I really would
like to "upgrade".

> > Once I am able to install gnumed, I would like to start contributing to
> > the project.
> You are welcome. Please ask if you need further help.
>
> Karsten

As you can see I am taking advantage of your kind offer.  Looking
forward to installing Gnumed and working with PgSQL and Python, my
favorite RDBMS and language.

Ciao,
Enrico

--
Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
<address@hidden>

Email sent from a Linux PC using Evolution

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against
absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the
sport of every wind.

Thomas Jefferson, 1822