[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed website

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed website
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:45:44 -0800

As I finished composing the email below * * *, I must have had a premonition of something awkward happening. The gnumed.net redirect to gnumed.org startled me for its lack of advance, or posted, notice outlining what is actually happening. As I get only the gnumed-devel digest, I checked to see if there was any new posting but saw none.

Sure, there was talk of merging the 2 sites, but there are materials still at .net that I and others will want to access, that are now a pain to get to without the former .net home page etc.

It seems fair to suggest there are problems here that need mending. Can we advised of the outcome of any off-line plans, decisions, and actions (current and pending), given that they have clearly affected us and will continue to do so?

I was going to write:

t's been 5 weeks since the thread had any activity. David Grant was active across the thread and offered to co-ordinate redevelopment, so I contacted him to learn of any off-list developments.

As of last week, David had heard nothing beyond the thread which more or less died. Sorry if "died" seems too strong for "only" 5 weeks, yet it seemed to me people felt web content redevelopment construed a priority.

I would like to help David and any others interested in working on this but as I cannot discern if a sufficient "team" has come together, wondered:

- are there impediments other than people' time, possibly important concerns

- within the time that people do have available, is "list" discussion the way to assemble a team, or is it only a first step, and if that step has died, what is the way to help things forward?