[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed website

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed website
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:23:20 -0800

<x-tad-bigger>Sebastian wrote:
</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>@ James

Please tell me what you are willing to do. I will *try* to help and comment on everything you bring up.
</x-tad-bigger>

I am willing to do some combination of the following and/or other tasks that need help with the following subjects:

- as I do not yet have the skills to achieve anything major alone, I will need (plus anyways would get more enjoyment from) collaborating with at least a couple other people on whichever task(s) I help shoulder

- it is important to me to be able to decide, at least at intervals, that progress is being made, for if it is not I prefer to correct early what may go (or may have gone) astray

- periodic, realistic, insightful project status analyses, toward which I think Sebastian's self-titled "rants" are invaluable

Hopefully, the above has not alienated TOO many people. To the extent that I can, I would like / be willing to help some combination of:

- a good think-through (mental walk through) of what potential gnumed supporters will need delivered by a gnumed web site, in order to become --- and to remain --- supportive

- help in the construction of above... some mixture of combing / summarizing what is available, and assembling it for the site

- continuing some preliminary discussions I had with Yudhvir about further developing medical billing

- contributing to functional design ideas of which I have many, but only after I more fully understand gnumed's fundamentals so I can discuss a little more knowledgeably

- learning to write some Python code, though this could be unrealistic

- not to mention willingness to be candid, in as fair a way as I can, when I feel it necessary