[Gnumed-devel] steps towards scripting

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] steps towards scripting
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 02:49:53 +0100

I have moved the patient search logic that used to be
encapsulated in client/wxpython/gmPatientSelector.py into
client/business/gmPatient.py (class cPatientSearcher_SQL).
The generic patient selector still exists, of course, as is
used in the top panel. However, we can now use the very same
patient search code in console mode or in functions being
called from a macro. Which is what a scripting engine is all
about, eventually. Which is why this change happened in the
first place.

An XML-RPC based threaded scripting server has been added in
client/python-common/gmScriptingListener.py. This cannot do
much yet (expect pass it's unit test) as it is still lacking
a useful macro executor implementation. For which to appear
the above change was crucial...

So, minimal scripting is looming soonish.