Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: data transfer objects

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: data transfer objects
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:22:02 +1100

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:42:15 +1100
sjtan <address@hidden> wrote:

> what about having data transfer objects with access/set methods to let
> the compiler check
> field names instead of string map keys?
How is this different from the business object layer that we already have?

Certainly it would be nice if there was more regimentation of this API
(at the moment it's ad hoc for every domain) It true a lot of the time all we
are
doing is pushing strings in and out of SQL, but sometimes we are [will be]
doing other
things: printing scripts, referral letters etc. How can we have a mapping
system
flexible enough to cope with this?

Ian
PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E