[Gnumed-devel] Going nuts with gnumed install on Fedora 1

From: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Going nuts with gnumed install on Fedora 1
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 13:04:55 -0600

Greetings!

I _think_ I am following the instructions on installing gnumed but it does not
work.  I got the latest CVS (yesterday) and am following the instructions in
gnumed/gnumed/client/doc/

The client gui does not start:

address@hidden wxpython]$ pwd;./gnumed.sh
/home/enrico/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython

CRITICAL ERROR: Cannot load GnuMed Python modules ! - Program halted.

Please make sure you have:

- the required third-party Python modules installed
- the GnuMed Python modules installed in site-packages/
- your PYTHONPATH environment variable set up correctly

If you still encounter errors after checking the above
rquirements please ask on the mailing list.

The pyPgSQL test fails:

python PgSQLTestCases.py

ERROR: Check_values (__main__.PgResultSetTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PgSQLTestCases.py", line 851, in setUp
    self.cnx = PgSQL.connect(database='template1')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyPgSQL/PgSQL.py", line 2211, in
connect
    return Connection(connInfo, client_encoding, unicode_results)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyPgSQL/PgSQL.py", line 2331, in
__init__
    raise DatabaseError, m
DatabaseError: Ivalid format for PgVersion construction.

Ran 66 tests in 0.595s

FAILED (errors=47)

I could have problems because Fedora default Python is 2.2 but I also
installed Python 2.3 to install Torch.   That failed miserably too, however
it works great on Debian-knoppix.

I am going to create a Debian-knoppix partition on my computer and try again.
Do we have Debian instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Enrico Indiogine

--
Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
Fulton, Missouri, USA

address@hidden
http://mikebe.members.ktis.net/enrico

Please do not sent MS Office attachments.
Running a free Linux PC - no license fees,
                        - no activations,
                        - no viruses,
                        - no worms
                        - no popups.